ADD-ONS & SPECIALTIES

As an add-on service to your Mike Holmes Inspection package, there are different indoor air quality tests that you can get, including Radon, Mould and VOCs. The air inside your home has a direct impact on your health. Protect your home. Protect your family.

Book a Service Now
radon testing

INDOOR AIR QUALITY TESTING

When indoors, we breathe in everything that's in our indoor air, including pollutants, VOCs, toxins - even mould spores!

Breathing in contaminants over an extended period of time can be harmful, and can cause ongoing headaches; nasal congestion; itchy, burning eyes; skin irritation, and/or nausea.

MOULD INSPECTION

Mike Holmes Inspectors use a moisture meter to measure a home's water-vapour content. Testing for mould overgrowth is important as mould triggers respiratory ailments such as hay fever, nasal allergies and asthma, as well as rashes and eczema when it touches the skin. And if ingested, significant concentrations of toxic bacteria can cause abdominal cramping, diarrhoea and fever.

RADON TESTING

According to Health Canada, radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. Mike Holmes Inspections offer Radon Testing as part of a full home inspection or as a separate service. Our home Inspectors are fully trained professionals, certified by the Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (Canadian-NRPP), and all radon testing results are sent to an independent, Canadian-NRPP certified laboratory for full analysis.

VOC TESTING

VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds are chemical by-products found in many building supplies, products and materials. They can evaporate or off-gas into your home's indoor air after being installed in your home. For this reason, newly constructed homes and homes that have been recently renovated tend to have higher levels of VOCs.

FORMALDEHYDE TESTING

Moderate exposure to formaldehyde can cause your eyes or nose to burn and a sore throat. Higher levels of exposure can cause asthma-like symptoms, like coughing and wheezing. But very high exposures can be toxic. It's been known to even cause some cancers.